The American division of Hyundai has announced the pricing of the Veloster 2013 and the long awaited Turbo version. The starting price of the 1.6 GDi model with six-speed manual transmission is $ 17,450 (£ 11,200). The same engine coupled to the Eco Shift dual-clutch transmission is available at the price of $18,700 (£ 12,000).
The prices of the Hyundai Veloster Turbo are also very interesting: the 1.6-litre unit with 201 hp is available with manual transmission at a starting price of $ 21,950 (£ 14,094) and with automatic Shiftronic at $ 22,950 (£ 14,738). The Turbo version features a sculpted body kit, heated leather sports seats, 18-inch alloy wheels, LED lights and various other specific details.
The figures of the twin scroll engine range with direct injection are considerable. We have already mentioned the 201 hp at 6,000 rpm. The maximum torque of 264 Nm is delivered at 1,750 rpm. According to Hyundai the Veloster is also efficient, with reported fuel consumption of 9 L per 100 km for the manual transmission (city) and 6.2 L per 100 km (highway).
The following are the main features of the 2013 Hyundai Veloster turbo, as indicated by Hyundai:
- New 1.6-liter turbocharged, direct-injected engine
- In-house developed six-speed automatic or manual transmissions
- Horsepower: 201 at 6,000 RPM
- Best-in-class highway fuel economy estimated at 38 mpg (M/T)
- Best-in-class specific output at 125.6 horsepower per liter
- Best-in-class weight to power ratio of 14 lbs/hp
- Sport-tuned intake and exhaust note
- Sport-tuned steering
- Unique front fascia, fog lights and ground effects
- Hyundai-first Matte Gray paint and Elite White Pearl for Turbo models
- Unique 18-inch alloy wheels with chrome inserts
- Projection headlights with unique LED headlight accents
- Side mirrors with turn signal indicators
- Unique LED taillights
- Electroluminescent gauge cluster
- Leather seating surfaces with driver’s lumbar support
- Heated front sport seats
- Turbo-exclusive standard Graphite Black interior w/Blue Accents
- Turbo headliner graphics